About Me

My name is Katrina i am 24, live in Brisbane, Australia and i am an Open Universities student studying a Bachelor of Arts in Internet Communications with Curtin University of Technology. My objective for studying this course/degree is to gain employment in Web Design. So the purpose for creating this blog was; 1.)I have to create an online bio and blog for my chosen topic in Web206 and 2.) To share my recently discovered love for the beautiful genre of art that is Pop Surrealism. I am a creative person and have had a love for art and music for as far back as i can remember, I am an amateur artist and musician and have always wanted to incorporate my natural creative abilities and passion into a career. For a long time (about 3 years or so) i gave up on art, i stopped painting and drawing because i felt i had no true inspiration, i had a complete creative block and no matter how hard i tried to create nothing would come to mind. I have found since i discovered Pop Surrealism i have not been able to put down a pencil or paintbrush.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Alex Grey Australian tour 2011!

Yes, the heading speaks the truth! Alex Grey, one of the greatest visual artists of our time will be in Melbourne January 24 at the Astor Theatre, St Kilda!
Most people would be familiar with Alex Grey's work on the cover of the TOOL albums "10,000 Days" and "Lateralus". Grey is a visionary, his psychedelic art is truly unique and amazing! If you don't know Alex Grey, you are missing out!
http://www.agmtours.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=55